Steven is an experienced business lawyer, who provides a pragmatic and solutions-driven transaction and advisory service for clients across a range of industries with a particular focus on delivering success on time and within budget, and always within a relevant commercial context.
Steven regularly manages a multi-disciplinary range of professionals to execute domestic and cross-border transactions as well as designing and implementing optimised corporate structures for international clients.
Steven is a skilled and seasoned negotiator, often leading complex and difficult negotiations for clients.
Steven’s expertise is broad based with a particular emphasis on:
- Oil & Gas – upstream exploration & production
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Information Technology
- Commercial contracts
Steven began his career in 1992 with an international law firm in the City of London, where he was involved with a broad range of business law issues, with a particular emphasis on private and public companies seeking to raise finance. He also gained experience in the acquisition of new science/biotechnology via spin out companies from NHS hospitals, research institutions and universities.
Steven has owned and managed Conybeare Solicitors since 1997, which he has since expanded to assist clients in and from the CEE and SEE regions, providing them with the benefit of his broad depth of legal and business experience. He has an excellent track-record and reputation gained from undertaking a significant number of investments, M&A transactions and Oil & Gas projects for a range of clients.
Steven has been a director of several client and independent companies, gaining first-hand experience of business life, but he also undertakes a number of social and charitable pro bono activities. He is currently the chairman of the Supervisory Board of a Hungarian registered charity, the Robert Burns International Foundation.
- M&A boutique Conybeare Solicitors ”very ambitious” team is a key name for oil and gas transactions, and is commended for its ”industry knowledge” and ”commercial understanding”. – Legal 500 EMEA Guide 2016
- Steven Conybeare of Conybeare Solicitors “is personable and responsive, and his work on international transactions was just fantastic” according to impressed clients. Steven is a long-standing presence in CEE. Clients are extensive in praising his Budapest-based corporate practice, particularly his “broad cross-border expertise. He sees the full picture, while also being detail-oriented. He always makes sure that his client’s interests are fully protected.” He advises on M&A across a range of industries, with particular activity on cross-border and CEE-wide mandates, as well as transactions arising from the UK market. His experience is notably strong in the energy and real estate sectors. Clients state: “He is able to quickly and efficiently understand the commercial requirements of a transaction, and is fantastic at negotiations with counterparty lawyers.” – Chambers & Partners Global Guide 2016
- Chambers Global 2015 – Steven is recognised as a “Leader” for his Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions practice in the United Kingdom, Central & Eastern Europe as well as Hungary – Chambers Global 2015
- Chambers Europe 2015 – Steven Conybeare joins the rankings of Chambers Europe 2014….thanks to excellent market feedback, particularly centred on his commercial understanding… and CEE regional experience. He is “experienced, flexible and with a very good attention to detail”
- Chambers Europe 2015
- Corporate Intl – Editor’s Choice Oil & Gas Law Firm of the Year 2014 Hungary & England
- Corporate Intl
- Acquisition International – Steven Conybeare is recognised as a leading adviser in 2014 by Acquisition International Magazine – Acquisition International
- ACQ5 – Law Awards 2013 – Conybeare Solicitors is recognised as the UK Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2013 by ACQ5 – ACQ5
- Recommended M&A Lawyer – “responsive and professional” – Legal 500
- Recommended Oil & Gas Lawyer – “extremely capable” – Legal 500
- Recommended Corporate/M&A – “endorsed” – PLC Which Lawyer
- Recognised as an expert in Corporate/M&A – Legal Experts 2011
- Highly Recommended in Corporate/M&A – Legal Experts 2012
Read our Mini Brochure
Any questions? Contact me