Directors and Officers
Directors are the officers of a company. Together they comprise the board of directors, which is charged with the management of a company. Directors comprise executive and non-executive directors.
Directors may well be employees of a company, but nevertheless all directors are subject to the duties and obligations imposed on them by common law and the Companies Act legislation.
Directors sometimes forget that limited liability applies to the company and not to them. Directors can and do incur personal liability in certain circumstances. Obligations include fiduciary duties of good faith, compliance with Companies House requirements, personal liability for wrongful trading and exceeding the powers granted under the company’s articles of association.
We are experienced in helping directors to understand and discharge their duties, whether they are recent appointees or more experienced directors. We appreciate the commercial and practical pressures which directors can sometimes face. We work with them to develop a consistent and lawful approach to their actions.
Whilst private companies are no longer required to have a Company Secretary, we can either act as your Secretary or provide Secretarial services to your company. In either case, this allows the directors to concentrate on furthering the success of the business. We also offer our London address as a prestigious registered office. This ensures that all important documents are safely and securely received, and actioned as necessary.
We deal with:
- Completing & filing Annual Returns with Companies House;
- Filing Companies House Forms and resolutions;
- Maintaining Statutory Books & Records;
- Preparing share and stock transfer forms & issuing new share certificates;
- Preparing Minutes for Board Meetings & Shareholder Meetings;
- Preparing Notices for Board Meetings & Shareholder Meetings;
- Preparing shareholders’ written resolutions;
- Preparing directors’ written resolutions;
- Preparing proxy forms;
- Share capital – creation of new classes of share, issuing new shares, re-classification of existing shares;
Any questions? Contact me