The Oil & Gas practice of Conybeare Solicitors is built upon a solid foundation in commercial contract law matched with a key understanding of the risk-reward structure of the sector, which clients appreciate and rely upon to ensure that they have access to a first-class pragmatic legal and transaction advisory service wherever they may be operating.
Our Oil & Gas practice is primarily focused on upstream activities undertaken by exploration & production companies with an international dimension, with a particular emphasis on those working in and across the full spectrum of Europe – Western, Central, Southern and Eastern.
In all cases, we take the time to fully understand your business objectives and then provide a pragmatic, hands-on and commercial approach to helping you to achieve them as efficiently as possible, with the minimum amount of legal jargon.
We provide expert advice on all applicable aspects of English law and EU legislation, and over the years we have gained a particular understanding of civil law issues by working with a number of local experts. Our expertise means that we give you clear, concise & practical advice.
We advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of obtaining exploration licenses, undertake negotiations with potential joint venture partners, review and prepare confidentiality agreements & non-disclosure agreements, draft and review areas of mutual interest agreements, farm-in agreements and joint operating agreements, draft and review service contracts related to exploration as well as negotiating and concluding contracts for the disposal of hydrocarbons.
Steven is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) and regularly participates in international conferences, ensuring that he is fully up-to-date with latest industry practice and developments, as well as being familiar with AIPN model contracts.
Our expertise covers:
- Exploration and production of hydrocarbons
- Buying and selling participating interests in JOAs
- Buying and selling of Oil & Gas producing assets
- Buying and selling E&P companies
- Structuring joint ventures to facilitate investment in exploration
- Joint Operating Agreements (JOA)
- Joint Operating Companies (JOC)
- Farm-in Agreements / Farm-out Agreements
- Areas of Mutual Interest Agreements
- Drilling Contracts
- Fracture Stimulation Service Contracts
- Joint Study Agreements
- Joint Bidding Agreements
- Seismic Acquisition contracts
- Building, operating and leasing of natural gas pipelines
- Operating production facilities
- Disposal and sale of hydrocarbons
Read our Mini Brochure
Any questions? Contact me
Share this site
Our Registrations & Memberships